Recipe: Spicy Teriyaki & Sriracha Glazed Venison Meatballs
We've partnered with From Field to Plate to help promote his upcoming cookbook, as well as, a few of his favorite recipes. You may recall we interviewed Jeremiah a while back. If you haven't seen that post, it's worth the read so you can learn about his interesting background. You'll also see how excited he is about our hunting app.
Whether you know him as @fromfieldtoplate or Jeremiah, you know this recipe is going to be good. Everything the man creates is great, and while we haven't tried these just yet, we're pretty sure they aren't going to disappoint. This is one of Jeremiah's most popular venison recipes, so with whitetail season arriving, we thought it was the perfect time to share!
Meatballs - Ingredients & Directions
- 1-2 pounds ground venison
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped fine
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large glass bowl, add all ingredients and mix together. Jeremiah loves getting his kids involved in this step and allowing them to get their hands in there, mixing the meat. Once meat is fully mixed roll into 1 inch meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a lightly greased baking sheet or dish.
- Put meatballs in oven for 18-20 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking work on the homemade spicy teriyaki sauce.
Spicy Teriyaki & Sriracha Glaze - Ingredients & Directions
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha (if you want it spicier add more, less spicy add less)
- In medium sauce pan bring all ingredients to a boil minus the cornstarch and the ¼ cup cold water.
- Reduce heat to low-med.
- Mix in small bowl the ¼ cup cold water and cornstarch until dissolved.
- Add cornstarch mixture to sauce pan and heat until you reach your desired thickness.
- Remove meatballs from oven and coat each one in the teriyaki mixture.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.
- Wish you had more meatballs to eat once they are all gone.