- New Feature! Fishing Tracking
New Feature! Fishing Tracking
Fish on! Introducing, fishing activity tracking!
- Photos and points of interest are pinned to an anonymized map.
- Track your distance boated or hiked, elevation changes (great for walking a stream when fly fishing or paddling), and temperature!
Also compatible with select Garmin devices:
The GoWild Fish app for Garmin provides additional tracking of air temperature, heart rate and points of interest specific to that type of fishing. When Fly Fishing, you can track water features such as rocks and ledges, whereas an Ice Fisherman could track everything from where they parked to where their shanty was on the lake. All Garmin fishing activities can track catch locations. GoWild has plans to help anglers navigate back to these points in the future. POIs are only shown to the member, not the community.
Update your GoWild app to the newest version and get started today!
As you track time fishing, the app will also begin comparing how much time you put into fishing from within the GoWild community. An upcoming update will help you showcase this on your profile, too.
To Start Tracking:
- Be sure you've updated your GoWild app to the newest version.
- Tap the plus sign at the bottom of the screen.
- Then tap the Activity icon at the top right.
- Choose the fishing activity and hit start!
Fishing is the newest of the activities you can track with GoWild. Be sure to check out the others if you haven't yet: Hiking, hunting, shed hunting, archery, walking, running, scouting and shed hunting.
GoWild app and all tracking is free and available for Android, iOS and Garmin. Download today!