Episode 3: Scott Ellis
"Hunters are not banding together to support the ultimate cause of continuing the tradition." - Scott Ellis
Scott Ellis is one of the most deadly turkey hunters to carry a gun into the woods. His pedigree is incredible, and while that's part of why we wanted to have him on the show, that's not what we're talking about with Scott. We get into Scott's history.
A quick online search of "Scott Ellis Turkey Calling" and you'll find more content than you even know what to do with. Scott's show and app alone is enough to teach you how to hunt. But we wanted to know how you become so influential in the industry. How does one go from a young squirrel huntin' Scotty to a three-time Grand National Champion turkey caller?
Funny enough, we actually barely talk turkey hunting in this show. We actually get passionately into the topic of humanity. You'll hear Scott and me get into a disagreement around this topic. I won't spoil it, but I think it's worth listening to the show just to hear us hash through it.
At the end of the show we hash through some questions from GoWild™ users, covering some topics from last week's show, as well as some updates to the app itself.
- Young Scotty as a squirrel hunter
- Scott's tour in the army
- Dictatorship in North Korea
- Conservation, and where do we go from here?
- Squirrel hunting disasters
- Brad almost falling into a waterfall while squirrel hunting
- Hunting numbers dropping
- Archers vs. archers, hunter vs. hunter
- Hunting for your family vs. agriculture.
- Vegans have more in common with hunters than they do apart
- Turkey hunting, the gateway drug to hunting
- The importance of mentorship
- Scott’s new app Turkey Tech
- Legacy of hunting
- Humanity and how we feel when we harvest an animal
Relevant links from the interview: