GoWild is looking for an experienced backend developer for a full time position. GoWild is the fastest-growing, most-active social and activity tracking app in the outdoor space. This person will be responsible for building a platform that’s been nationally regarded as “one of the best outdoors apps ever launched.”
A platform that started as a basement-developed side hustle is now flipping the outdoors industry on its head and growing like wildfire. We turn around updates early and often. We expect top-notch work. And we are only interested in someone who excels with challenges and wants to build something they can be proud of—this isn’t a role for maintenance-only minds.
This role will be responsible for all levels of backend development tasks, from managing the MySQL databases and improving queries, helping GoWild scale as we add new users, rewriting and improving the APIs used by the iOS and Android clients and improving our security protocols.
This platform is being utilized by tens of thousands of people, and is adding thousands more every month. If you are at the top of your game, meet the expectations, and want to join a culture that is fun, passionate and wild, apply now.
• Strong MySQL database knowledge and experience
• Experience managing scalable web applications (ideally Amazon Web Services)
• Ability to take an existing codebase and quickly iterate features and improvements in a high-demand environment
• Experience with git repositories
• Experience with php and Node.js
• Desire to write clean, well commented and tested code
Bonus Skills, But Not Necessarily Required
• Experience with load balancing and scaling server architecture
• Experience with video streaming backend architecture
• Must be a self-starter and driven. Hand-holding is for toddlers.
• Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
• No egos. Seriously.
• Must have the ability to manage up. Your boss expects you to speak up if he’s wrong.
About Our Culture
• Great healthcare benefits, including dental and vision coverage.
• Fun environment. Laid-back culture (as long as you’re hitting deadlines).
• Flexible work schedule as long as you’re hitting your deadlines.
• Wild Week: 1 Week of bonus vacation time, pending you spend it outside. Additional days available for time spent on conservation efforts.
• Remote positions available and even expected. You do you, as long as you can do it wild.
• Failure is encouraged here. Without failure, we're not taking risks. Without risks, there is no reward. No one is here just for a paycheck, we all strive for better.
• We buy your residential hunting and fishing license, and will pay for up to $100 annually in backcountry permits.
Send cover letter and resume to chris @ timetogowild.com.