We're looking for an experienced Android developer for a full time position. GoWild is the fastest-growing, most-active app in the outdoor space. This person will be responsible for building a platform that’s been nationally regarded as “one of the best apps ever launched.”
A platform that started as a basement-developed side hustle is now flipping the outdoors industry on its head and growing like wildfire. We turn around updates early and often. We expect top-notch work. And we are only interested in someone who excels with challenges and wants to build something they can be proud of—this isn’t a role for maintenance-only minds.
This platform is being utilized by tens of thousands of people, and is adding thousands more every month. If you are at the top of your game, meet the expectations, and want to join a culture that is fun, passionate and wild, apply now.
- Strong understanding of Java Android development
- Ability to take an existing codebase and quickly iterate features and improvements in a high-demand environment
- Experience with git repositories
- Query experience with MySQL and the ability to test and improve queries
- Desire to write clean, well commented and tested code
Bonus Skills, But Not Necessarily Required
- Experience with php development
- Experience with the Google Play Store
- Linux / Apache server management experience
- Experience managing scalable web applications (ideally Amazon Web Services)
- Must be a self-starter and driven. Hand-holding is for toddlers.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- No egos. Seriously.
- Must have the ability to manage up. Your boss expects you to speak up if he’s wrong.
About Our Culture
- Fun environment. Laid-back culture (as long as you’re hitting deadlines).
- Flexible work schedule as long as you’re hitting your deadlines.
- Wild Week: 1 Week of bonus vacation time, pending you spend it outside. Additional days available for time spent on conservation efforts.
- Remote positions available and even expected. You do you, as long as you can do it wild.
- Additional benefits customized to you. We care about our team’s needs.
- Failure is encouraged here. Without failure, we're not taking risks. Without risks, there is no reward. No one is here just for a paycheck, we all strive for better.
- We buy your residential hunting and fishing license, and will pay for up to $100 annually in backcountry permits.
Recruiters: Don't contact us, we'll contact you.