Hold onto your butts, folks. It's about to get real.
You better put away those high-dollar, carbon-activated socks—because this new version of GoWild is going to knock your socks off. Heck, it’ll disintegrate them.
Since launching on iOS in September 2017, GoWild has added tens of thousands of users into its platform. Android quietly launched in February and officially in March. With Android boasting thousands of users, the overall growth of GoWild is picking up steam.
"We made the decision early that we'd rather build out the functionality no one else had first, then we'd catch up on some of the basics," said Chief Product Designer, Donovan Sears. "Today catchup time is over. We're really excited to get this release out there, but we're already looking at new feature updates within the next few weeks. There is no looking back, only forward."
GoWild 2.0 hits the AppStore and Google Play Store today and has a whole host of new features. Those include:
- Direct Messaging is here! Check the notifications tab.
- You can Follow Buddies. Find your Buddies Trail in the Explore Tab (via the compass at the bottom).
- The app is much faster now and stores less data on your phone. The next version will have even more speed improvements.
- We made recipe ingredients better. Because better ingredients, better apps.
- Checking comment and like notifications is a breeze now. It takes you right there. Oooooh, pretty cool.
- Fixed that pesky bug with the recipe steps.
- You can pull down to refresh comments and likes while viewing a post.
- You can have Jeremiah Doughty’s world famous venison meatballs delivered to your door… Just kidding. Wasn’t sure if you were paying attention.
We already have the next release in the works. It has a few more fancy features and bug fixes. That’ll be here within the next few weeks.
Update your Android or iPhone app now!
If you want to hear about app updates and learn about our Co-Founder, check out our podcast, Restless Native. Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in News
In addition to its robust Garmin integration, GoWild has added activity tracking support for Apple Watches, Google Wear OS Watches and an expansive list of other devices.
With the integration, members can track and share their outdoor adventures on a dynamic timeline, highlighting information such as mileage, average heart rate, elevation changes, temperature and much more. Activities are shared on an anonymized map, hiding the actual location of the activity and limiting zoom so member’s secret spots are kept that way.
There is a growing trend among hunters as many in our community are now training to maximize performance and enjoyment of their outdoor adventures. From Crossfit to cardio, fitness is now a part of the preparation process for almost every type of hunt imaginable, but is there a difference in how you should train depending on the type of hunting you enjoy? Here is a list of muscle groups to target for both archery and rifle hunters.
GoWild has completed a funding round of $2.25M, supported by investors who believe in our team, product and mission. That mission is to unlock the gate to the outdoors for all. With this milestone, we are well prepared and positioned to continue building the best social platform for outdoorsmen and women, as well as expand upon our gear functionality.